Fortress Technology is a property management software technology firm based in Nashville, TN. We are a privately funded startup with a solid growth trajectory since day one. To surpass the market leaders in a $2+ billion industry, we have team members who are passionate about challenging the status quo, love making the complicated feel simple, and believe that there's nothing more important than building software that is both delightfully beautiful and remarkably functional.
The VP of Product is an executive level position overseeing the Company's strategy, process, and performance in the Product vertical. You will be responsible for strategy and execution of the global product vision and business requirements. This is a critical role that will provide Fortress with an orchestrated experience and increase the speed and depth of sales, adoption and value realization. You will work cross functionally with Sales, Account Management, Engineering, Finance and our 3rd party integration partners to provide world-class service to our customers. This is a high visibility role with an exciting opportunity to build this critical function from scratch and quickly make a difference.KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Strong communication, presentation, leadership, and relational skills, capable of synthesizing complex information to stakeholders of various technical backgrounds
- Executive presence and confidence in communicating with business, technical, and C-level stakeholders
- Capable of simultaneously leading multiple projects over several months
- Strong attention to detail and documentation
- Self-motivated and comfortable owning onboarding target metrics
- Ability to work and stay connected with various internal and external cross-functional teams
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
SPECIFIC EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
- Collaborate with executive team to identify the goals and objectives of the Company.
- Identify and implement processes and development methods to achieve those goals and objectives
- Ensure the product roadmap aligns with corporate strategy
- Identify and track the key results necessary to achieve the company's objectives.
- Collaborate with customers to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Develop and recommend Product budget, including team and resource requirements and improvements.
- Manage a team to ensure skills, knowledge, and abilities meet the objectives of the organization. Prioritize people and provide mentoring and develop team members.
- Exhibit leadership competencies that create vision, provide direction and drive the Fortress product into the future.
- Innovate and make new mistakes.
- Consistently develop polished, high-quality client deliverables from both a content & design perspective.
- Develop strong, lasting client relationships based in transparency and credibility throughout engagements.
- Master Fortress and our partner integrations through continuous learning.
- Lead, coach, and grow a team of product managers focused on continuous improvement and delivering customer value.
- Support and refine processes to ensure transparency and alignment on release items.
- Help define and monitor KPIs that highlight product success or improvement areas, tracking customer satisfaction and client adoption.
- Prioritize and manage an outcome-based roadmap that drives sales, adoption, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with engineering and design leadership to support an SDLC that uses iterative development to get fast feedback from customers. Use data analytics to understand customer usage patterns, identifying opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Collaborate with marketing to identify key opportunities in market segments as an input to the roadmap.
- Collaborate with sales, implementation, services, and support teams to promote the flow of information and ensure a good end-to-end customer experience.
- Support the product management team with requirements elicitation, client workshops, or user group discussions as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Multifamily experience is a plus
- 7+ years building and managing product teams with significant revenue growth YOY
- Bonus if you've worked in a start up
- Frequently sit, stand and walk
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to use hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Temperature in the workplace is typically moderate
THE FORTRESS EXPERIENCE
We're creating a different kind of company at Fortress Technology. We promise we will never be ordinary. There will be many days you simply aren't comfortable. You will be pushed to accomplish more than you ever thought possible. You will be challenged by your team leader and your peers to achieve more and to find better ways. With that said, we know Fortress Technology is not for everyone. BUT, if you believe in yourself, enjoy a challenge and appreciate working with exceptional people, then Fortress could very well be the last company you ever work for.
The company will recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate its employees based upon factors such as work quality, behavior, training, and experience. In compliance with local, state, and federal laws, we provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, protected age category, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, military status, or physical or mental disability of any individual who is otherwise qualified.